Amid Coronavirus, we all got to know the importance of deep cleaning our homes and offices. Between the hurly-burly of everyday life, it’s a blessing if you can do necessary things on time. Cleaning the floors requires effort and next-level patience, as this most-used part of the house needs constant cleansing to become ultra-clean. Everyone wants a plush-looking apartment with clean floors to match the new floor cushions, the sparkling sofa set, and the recently dry-cleaned curtains. Be it a hardwood floor or an oh-so-lovely vinyl one, the floors need persistent maintenance.
Scrub, scrub, scrub,
Wash and wring,
Mop and dry,
Do it all again!
This guide entails all the must-know tips and tricks for cleaning hardwood and vinyl floors. When schedules get busy and you want to get the most rigorous cleaning for your floor, look for the best budget-friendly house cleaning and just point and shoot orders of what you want done, where, and how! My cleaning angel knows how to do deep cleanse of the floors like no one else, contact us today.
Deep Clean Hardwood and Vinyl Floors
Hardwood and vinyl floors bring an earthy, warm, and luxurious beauty to your home. You can keep them lovely by following these tips on how to clean hardwood and vinyl floors.
- The first step of cleaning is to invest in the right equipment.
- Thoroughly sweep with a dry mop or vacuum your floors. Be sure to clean in the direction of the floorboards.
- Remove the scuffs with a cloth. All you need to do is slightly dampen a microfiber cloth with water and then buff away the scuff.
- Mop the floor and focus on the nooks and crannies. You can use a commercial cleaner or make your own. Vinegar and hot water are all you need to make a cleaner. It is also natural and inexpensive. Additionally, not only the DIY solution is a thorough cleaner, but it is also safe for people, pets, and children.
- Identify problem areas like tough stains, or buildup on or between the floorboards. Use a vacuum or putty knife for hard-to-reach stains. A putty knife can also be used to scrape off buildup on the floor’s surface.
- Note: dip your mop in the bucket and wring it out fairly well before you start scrubbing and use a clean towel after mopping to fully dry the floor. Excess water can leave your floors warped.
- Examine floors after cleaning and see if any stains or buildup remains.
- Enjoy your sanitized and disinfected floors.
Deep vs. Regular Cleaning
Regular cleaning is done to maintain a visible level of cleanliness. Deep cleaning is a hefty, more focused cleaning that goes beyond the surface level and emphasizes on removing heavy dirt and buildup. It focuses on cleaning areas usually disregarded during a regular clean. A deep cleanse is typically done every few months and can be thought of as a cleanliness ‘reset’; getting something as clean as when you originally had it.
Do’s and Don’ts
- Uses a product recommended by the floor finisher and if the product is hard-to-find or costly, use the good old soap and water.
- Don’t use oils, furniture sprays, or waxes. The oil leaves a residue, the sprays create a slippery surface, and wax takes time to apply and makes re-coating difficult.
- Don’t use slight ammonia, alkaline products, or abrasive cleaners. These may dull or scratch the finish.
- Don’t rely on lemon juice or vinegar-water solutions. These can damage the floor’s seal if used in large quantities.
Vinyl Floor Maintenance – Proactive Tips
Vinyl plank flooring is attractive, yet generally less expensive than wood. It is a good choice for homeowners who want style and appeal, without having to pay a surcharge. Here are a few things you can do so you have to spend less time cleaning your vinyl flooring.
Keep the Dirt Out
Keeping the dirt out in the first place is a start on being proactive with your vinyl floor’s cleaning. Have a floor mat at your door and make sure your family uses it as it will stop more of the dirt from coming in. keep the area rugs handy so less harmful grit, chemicals, and dirt comes into your home.
Debris and dirt left on your floor have the potential to make it harder to clean later. Sweep daily.
Choose the Right Cleaner
It doesn’t always take the most expensive cleaner to get your floors looking new. One of the best cleaners is apple cider vinegar. You can always count with professional cleaners and book cleaning service online with us.
Clean Scuffs and Stains
- For tough stains like lipstick, crayons, paint, or ink, apply rubbing alcohol to the spot and scrub with a soft-bristle brush. Don’t use steel wool or more abrasive brushes because they can scratch the floor.
- For nail polish stains, use nail polish remover.
- Oil, vinegar, or lemon stain: clean right away as they may cause discoloration on the surface of the floor.
- Ink, tomato, or blood stains can be removed by putting diluted alcohol directly on the stain for a few minutes without scrubbing, then rinse off with water.
- Pen and marker stains are easily extracted by rubbing with a little white spirit on a cloth and rinsing well with water.
- Rust should be cleaned with an anti-rust sponge and rinsed off with water.
Honestly, vinyl plank flooring is one of the easier floors to keep clean. Use the right products to maintain the floors and don’t over-saturate it. As long as you keep it swept and debris up, your floor will last you a very long time.
Benefits of Deep Cleaning the Floors
Since dust and particles act as abrasives on a floor’s finish, deep cleaning can prolong the time needed for services like sanding and refinishing. The combination of routine floor care and deep cleaning can save you money in the long run. Lowe’s can teach you some stuff about maintaining your hardwood floor for many years.
Health and Hygiene
Deep cleaning floors help protect one of the largest, most-used areas in your home. This improves air quality and makes the home healthier and sanitized.
The deep-clean finish is a protective topcoat on wood floors and is the first line of defense against wear and tear.
Deep cleaning is an important step to having floors that can last a lifetime. It clears away all the harmful particles that can wear down a floor’s finish.
Dirt, dust, and allergens can get into the seams and crevices of these floors. Deep cleaning floors remove the leftovers of regular cleaning.
Let Someone Else Tackle the Floors
Love having a clean house but hate how often you need to clean? If you’re moping about mopping, hire an expert to revive your floor with safe and certified brushes and cleansers. Deep cleaning is recommended to keep floors in tip-top shape. Consider it a spa day for your floors and protect your floor investment. Come home to sparkling floors within a few hours. Wondering what to expect from a maid service? We went step by step to guide you.
Get cleaning angels from My Cleaning Angel and forget about cleaning your floors until the next deep cleaning session.
Clean Your Home Spotless
Dirty floors aren’t simply unclean and unhygienic. They can also be damaging to the wood itself and to the health of the residents. It then becomes expensive to repair, refinish, or worse, replace. Follow this guide to clean your floor before it becomes an unmanageable task. Transform your floors from bland, old, and grubby to glimmering, new and beautiful.
Hire My Cleaning Angel today to take all your mopping troubles away!